The Internet of Things (IoT) offers new opportunities to connect the physical and digital worlds and thereby enables a more direct and active interaction between tourists and their surroundings. For example, the technology grants hoteliers the possibility to offer their guest value-added services by allowing them to manage e.g. room temperature and lighting through smart devices according to their preferences. It also allows tourists to engage with the destination and enhance their experience while offering valuable data to businesses and administrations.
In this webinar we will give you an introduction to IoT applications for tourism SMEs and present you two practical use cases for your inspiration.
- 11:00 h CET: Welcome and Tourbit project Introduction, Marta Salvador
- 11:05 CET – Introduction to IoT for Tourism SMEs, Adalheidur Osk Gudmundsdottir, CEO at Vök Baths (Iceland)
- 11:20 CET – Use case 1. Miguel Silva, Founder & CEO at Managing the Intelligence (Portugal)
- 11:30 CET – Use case 2. Gregoire Tabard, Co-Founder of Affluences (France)
- 11:40 CET – Discussion: Q&A
- 11:45 CET – Closing
Managing the Intelligence develops devices of IoT using AI. They have created an energy efficiency solution for Global Hospitality – MTI Smart Room – which works with any brand of air conditioning system with the aim of reducing electricity consumption and to increase the thermal comfort of guests.