Toone’s house is located at the meeting point of the impasse Schuddeveld and the impasse Sainte-Pétronille, in the heart of the sacred block, one of the oldest districts of Brussels. According to the anchors on the façade, it dates back to 1696! It was here that José Geal, enthroned Toone VII in 1963, settled in 1966. On April 1 of that year, he inaugurated the building with a performance of Michel de Ghelderode’s Passion. The place, as we know it today, is the result of a complete renovation in 1979. On the first floor there is a traditional estaminet with blackened beams, paved floor and exposed pink brick walls. The premises also house a doll-making workshop, a library, a video library, a puppet museum, and of course the theater. Installed on the attic level, with wooden benches and scalloped cushions, it hosts these shimmering performances that delight young and old alike, who are always happy to go there. Since 2003, Nicolas Géal has also been inducted into the City Hall and has taken in hand the destiny of the Théâtre de Toone, witness of the colorful tradition of puppet theater in Brussels.